Sunday, December 28, 2008

Regional

OK, I’m back from my second event of the regional, a Swiss Teams. I was playing with my other decent partner, a 2/1 Game Forcing aficionado that I’ll call Elwood, and a decent pair that included one of the directors from the Manhattan. Actually, they were probably more than decent, because we won seven out of eight matches, and I wasn’t defending too well. But we fitted into the B/C Swiss, and I guess that was enough of an edge.

The wild distributions were notable. There were a couple of 7-6 hands, one or two 7-5s, and it seemed like endless 5-5s and 6-5s, and these were all hand-dealt, at the table! That’s a lot of stuff in 56 boards.

Anyway, the bottom line is it seems I won five and a half gold points for Friday’s effort, and eight and a half gold for Sunday’s effort. So my two days of work has taken me more than halfway to the requirement for Life Master. Not a bad deal at all, although it might make you wonder whether the Life Master rank means much.

No comments: