Saturday, October 18, 2008

WMSG

I've watched less than I would have liked of the first World Mind Sports Games on the Vu-Graph at BBO. But when I could, it was fun watching England do so well. The Women and Seniors had great results, but I was really rooting for the Open team. They were up against really tough opposition, and not expected to medal. But they reached the final against Italy, and refused to be blown out by the huge favorites. Every time they fell behind, they found a way to close the gap, and while they didn't catch up, they stayed within striking distance and pushed the Italians all the way. I was very impressed by Townsend-Gold. Watching some previous events on BBO, they hadn't made much impression on me. But they had a great Games, and I wasn't surprised to hear that they were voted best pair at the games by some spectators. 

No comments: